As a physician and newcomer to FOAM, I am finding that I have learned a lot of myths and pearls that are not true as I matriculated through school. This has taught me that learning from textbooks may be great for board exams, but more importantly it is not optimal for patient care and has made me question a lot of different practices. We all want to know clinically relevant information that is evidence based and up to date that will make a difference in our care of patients. The purpose and goal of REBEL is to create a sustained change in beliefs, attitudes, and behavior through review of the best evidence available.
What does REBEL stand for?
Rezaie’s Evidence Based Evaluation of Literature in Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine
REBEL content will live primarily in the REBEL Google+ Community. It will cover a myriad of clinical topics, but primarily it will initially focus on “REBEL Reviews” and evidence-based cardiovascular topics.
What are REBEL Reviews?
This is a new series of board review charts that takes different topics, removes the fluff and consolidates the information into one high-yield chart. This will be weekly recurring chart that gets posted every Monday morning. The information can be found in one of two locations:
- Twitter: Search for the #REBELReview or follow me at @srrezaie
- Google+ Community: Join the Google+ community at REBEL in EM/IM
- ALiEM Page: An archive of all REBEL Review tables
This will be a FREE resource and will cover topics seen on the emergency medicine, internal medicine, and USMLE exams. Hopefully, this will be a useful tool as you prepare for your exams. If there are topics you would like me to produce be sure to ask.
What else will be covered in the REBEL Google+ Community?
- ECGs: Just because electrocardiography is a basic skill in emergency medicine doesn’t mean that our skills should be basic.
- Blog Posts on Cardiovascular Clinical Content: Learning equals a sustained change in beliefs, attitudes, and/or behaviors from a review of best evidence
Welcome to the concept of REBEL and be sure to join the conversation at: