2021-2023 Multimedia Communications Editor for Faculty Incubator
Due Date: November 15, 2020 9pm EST
The ALiEM Faculty Incubator is excited to announce an opportunity for an EM physician (resident, fellow, or attending) with experience in online publishing to join our team as the inaugural Multimedia Communications Editor! This 2-year commitment comes with several wins – including an opportunity to participate as a learner (for free!) in the Faculty Incubator upon completion.
Role Description & Expectations
The most important role is taking scholarly output from the Faculty Incubator and uploading it to our content management system (WordPress).
- Content varies month-to-month, but in general includes blog posts, team announcements (e.g. mid-year update and call for applications), and creating author profiles.
- We will provide you with our ALiEM blog guidelines & our Deputy Editor in Chief will help you with the initial set of posts to ensure you’ve got the hang of our team expectations.
- Optional activities:
- Learn how to create & schedule our social media announcements (Twitter, Facebook).
- Become an author on our blog by creating a complementary infographic to accompany the Faculty Incubator’s scholarly output.
2. Monthly Newsletter & Quarterly Reports
These summarize the content from each Faculty Incubator block and quarter, respectively:
- Collect and organize Slack account summaries from Faculty Incubator mentors. They will provide you with this content.
- Collect information on 2 faculty members to spotlight each month with a short biographic as part of the monthly newsletter.
- Initial guidance and onboarding will be provided by our outgoing newsletter editor.
- 2-year commitment
- Approximately 5-15 hours/month (variable depending on the month)
- At least PGY-2 level of training at an emergency medicine residency program
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Apply your online publishing skills and gain experience in digital scholarship.
- Gain exposure to a faculty development program early in your career by organizing all the learning pearls for the newsletter and reviewing the blog posts. You get to learn along the way!
- Expand your network of medical education scholars.
- Enjoy an opportunity for a letter of support from the ALiEM team for a future endeavor.
You will need to upload:
- Letter of interest
- Faculty letter of support
- Letter of good standing (if a resident)
- Curriculum vitae
November 15, 2020