It is well known that primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PPCI) is the gold standard in STEMI treatment and that decreased door-to-balloon time has better patient outcomes. Guidelines recommend that the interval between arrival at the hospital and intracoronary balloon inflation (door-to-balloon time) should be 90 minutes or less.
Case Writer: Nikita Joshi, MD
Keywords: Mass casualty incident, building bombing, disaster, triage, ethics
- Develop system of triage to optimize patient outcomes in prehospital disaster setting
- Effectively utilize color coded tagging method to assist in categorizing patients
- Develop treatment plans to address immediate emergency conditions per ATLS protocols
- Maintain team and personnel safety precautions
- Regularly provide updates to incident command center