This week the Wellness Think Tank is launching a resident wellness survey for Emergency Medicine residency training programs across the United States. We want 100% of EM residents to complete this important survey and we need your help! Check out 5 reasons why you should take our survey TODAY, if you are a U.S EM resident!
This survey was uniquely created, designed, and IRB-approved by residents for residents within the Wellness Think Tank and led by Dr. Matt Melamed from New York Methodist Hospital.
Here are 5 reasons why you should take our survey!
1. It’s fast
It takes just 7 short minutes to fill out the survey.
- $5 Starbucks gift card for the first 1,600 EM residents (there are 6000+ EM residents)
- Discount codes for 2 home food delivery services (Chef’d and Peach Dish)
3. Grand prize (worth over $10,000)
If you get more than 90% of the residents in your program to fill out the survey, the program will be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE, which includes:
- FREE live registrations for all active/current residents in your program to Essentials of EM and the Resident Wellness Consensus Summit in Las Vegas this May 15-18, 2017.
- Residents in your program who can’t physically attend the conference or consensus summit will each receive a digital EEM registration package (value $699 each) and a pizza party (for all the residents “left behind”).
4. Learn more about your personal and your program’s wellness
You will be able to create a Personal Key code to access your own personal Maslach Burnout Inventory (MBI) and wellness report confidentially! Your results will be available in April. Furthermore, your program will receive an anonymized, aggregate report about wellness at a program-level.
5. Make a difference
We all know that burnout is a major problem in EM. You will be helping us improve resident wellness across the nation! Your voice is important. Your co-residents’ voices are important. We want to hear what ALL OF YOU have to say.
Of note, we will NOT be sharing any of your personal or your residency program’s aggregate data publicly. We hope to publish a nation-wide report in a peer-reviewed journal on the baseline state of wellness and burnout amongst EM residents as a whole. This hopefully can be the basis for future interventions and initiatives.
I’m in. Now what?
Take the survey. Be aware that you’ll need to provide a secret Personal Keycode (ideally ≥8 characters long for uniqueness) to find your anonymized results. You will need it to claim your Starbucks gift card as well.
How do I know which programs have qualified for the Grand Prize?
Updated statistics will be provided on the Wellness Survey home page.
Need your help: Help us fund this critically important survey
Interested in supporting us on our ambitious endeavor? We would LOVE your help. Even $5 would help pay for one resident’s Starbucks gift card.
We are self-funding this program (up to $10,000) from the internal ALiEM budget, because we feel that resident wellness is critically important in our specialty. This Wellness Survey is a critical first step in assessing the landscape of EM residency wellness.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
Resident Wellness Consensus Summit
- When is the Summit? May 15, 2017
- Deadline for the resident discount? March 31, 2017