Under-represented minorities (URM) in medicine continues to be a problem that many programs, especially in emergency medicine, are addressing head on with intentional, proactive strategies. Diversity matters. This EM Match Advice episode discusses how 3 different residency programs are championing for better representation through a variety of strategies.
EM Match Advice: YouTube Panel Discussion
Edited Podcast Version
- Dr. Joseph Moll (Virginia Commonwealth)
- Dr. Tyson Pillow (Baylor)
- Dr. Bonnie Kaplan (Denver Health)
- Academy of Diversity and Inclusivity in Emergency Medicine (ADIEM)
- AAMC: 2018-19 Applicants and Matriculation Data
- CORD: The Underrepresented Applicant Emergency Medicine Applying Guide
- NRMP: Main Residency Match Data and Reports
- Tunson J, Boatright D, Oberfoell S, et al. Increasing Resident Diversity in an Emergency Medicine Residency Program: A Pilot Intervention With Three Principal Strategies. Acad Med. 2016 Jul;91(7):958-61. Pubmed
EM Match Advice Podcast Set
Listen to all the EM Match Advice podcasts.