We are all busy individuals trying to juggle various projects, a multitude of responsibilities, and balancing work and home life. “Work smarter, not harder” is often heard to remind us that we should be looking to improve our working styles to be more efficient. It is easier said than done. One place that I have drawn inspiration from is in LifeHacker’s “How I Work” series, which highlights the personal working habits of successful entrepreneurs and leaders.
So in homage to that series, we are creating a new series on ALiEM called How I Work Smarter, whereby invited individuals share their practices about being more efficient in time management and filtering information overload. The individuals will answer these questions:
- Current job
- One word that best describes how you work
- Current mobile device
- Current computer
Questions about yourself
- What’s your office workspace setup like?
- What’s your best time-saving tip in the office or home?
- What’s your best time-saving tip regarding email management?
- What’s your best time-saving tip in the ED?
- ED charting: Macros or no macros?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received about work, life, or being efficient?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add that might be interesting to readers?
- Who would you love for us to track down to answer these same questions? (list up to 3 names)