It is not very often that the ERAS application process for residency positions changes from year to year. In 2018, there is going to be a new component added – the Standardized Video Interview (SVI) launched by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). All EM applicants in the 2018 application season are required to complete this interview during June 6 – July 31, 2017. Because it is such a new process, we invited key various stakeholders to the virtual table. The discussion was hosted by Drs. Michael Gisondi (Stanford) and Michelle Lin (UCSF/ALiEM).
Panel Video Discussion: Standardized Video Interview
- Mrs. Renee Overton: Senior Director, Residency & Fellowship Program Solutions (AAMC)
- Dr. Rebecca Bavolek: EM Program Director (UCLA-Olive View EM residency)
- Dr. Rahul Patwari: Assistant Dean (Rush Medical College) and CDEM President
Important links from the AAMC
- SVI – Frequently Asked Questions
- SVI – Essentials for the 2018 ERAS Season [PDF]
- SVI – Tips for Applicants [PDF]
Need more EM residency application advice?