With interview season rapidly approaching in a few months (Nov-Feb), we gathered a few of our favorite program directors to discuss interviewing tips. Thanks again to Dr. Mike Gisondi for spearheading this innovative and helpful resource for medical students.
Podcast: Interviewing Strategies
Listen to all the episodes of the EM Match Advice Series
- Hopson LR, Burkhardt JC, Stansfield RB, Vohra T, Turner-Lawrence D, Losman ED. The multiple mini-interview for emergency medicine resident selection. J Emerg Med. 2014 Apr;46(4):537-43. PMID: 24462031.
- DeIorio NM, Yarris LM, Kalbfleisch ND. Early invitations for residency interviews: the exception or the norm? J Emerg Med. 2007 Jul;33(1):77-9. PMID: 17630083.
- Martin-Lee L, Park H, Overton DT. Does interview date affect match list position in the emergency medicine national residency matching program match? Acad Emerg Med. 2000 Sep;7(9):1022-6. PubMed PMID: 11043998.
- Hern HG Jr, Alter HJ, Wills CP, Snoey ER, Simon BC. How prevalent are potentially illegal questions during residency interviews? Acad Med. 2013 Aug;88(8):1116-21. PMID: 23807097.
- Collings J. Residency Interviews (PDF handout from Dr. Jamie Collings).
- Charting Outcomes in the Match, 2011: Characteristics of Applicants Who Matched to Their Preferred Specialty in the 2011 NRMP Main Residency Match (4th edition, PDF) and 2014 (5th edition, PDF)