The Emergency Medicine Resident Simulation Curriculum for Pediatrics (EM ReSCu Peds) is here! This free ebook contains 16 EM resident-tested, peer reviewed cases covering essential pediatric content identified through a robust modified Delphi process  with experts across the United States. Each chapter contains robust supporting materials to help educators prepare, execute, and debrief cases with residents at every level to help supplement the clinical experience.
Download the EM ReSCu Peds eBook
We request some basic demographic about you and how you plan to use the educational cases in the download form to provide us with necessary insights whether there is a need for such a resource.
A National Collaborative Effort
Cases were created and iteratively peer reviewed by members of 10 organizations represented in a national collaborative of EM, PEM, and simulation experts. Participating organizations included:
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors
- Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association
- International Network for Simulation-based Pediatric Innovation, Research, & Education
- International Pediatric Simulation Society
- Pediatric Trauma Society
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
In total, EM and PEM physicians from 44 institutions participated in the development process of this educational resource aimed at preparing EM residents to care for critically ill children.
- Mitzman J, Bank I, Burns RA, et al. A Modified Delphi Study to Prioritize Content for a Simulation-based Pediatric Curriculum for Emergency Medicine Residency Training Programs. AEM Educ Train. 2019;4(4):369-378. Published 2019 Dec 12. doi:10.1002/aet2.10412