This Paucis Verbis (PV) card is an updated version of the PV card on Contraindications to Thrombolytics for CVA from September 10, 2010, based on the Stroke 2013 AHA/ASA new guidelines that were just published.1 Some changes include…
- There is new mention of new anticoagulants in the market with additional absolute exclusion criteria.
- A blood glucose < 50 mg/dL has been upgraded from a relative exclusion to an absolute exclusion criteria. There is no more mention of glucose > 400 mg/dL as an exclusion criteria.
- Seizure at onset of presentation has moved from an absolute to a relative risk.
- Post-AMI pericarditis is no longer a relative exclusion criteria.
PV Card: Contraindications for Thrombolytics in Stroke
Adapted from  Go to ALiEM (PV) Cards for more resources.
- Jauch E, Saver J, Adams H, et al. Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2013;44(3):870-947. [PubMed]